Lakes Region HBRA
|LRBRA Trade Scholarships - Eligibilty and Application|
Lakes Region Builders and Remodelers Association
2013 Scholarship Application
Candidates should be considering a future in one of the following careers:
Applicants must to choose between two Award categories:
1.) Golden Hammer Award— A $500 gift for tools of the trade (i.e. Compound miters, Skil Saws, etc.)
2.) $1000 Scholarship for further education beyond high school
Please complete the following four Sections are completed as directed and carefully check that all required signatures and inclusions are satisfied.
Home Address: _____________________________________________
Contact Phone Number(s): _____________________________________________
Email Address: _____________________________________________
I am applying for a: $500 Golden Hammer Award $1000 Educational Scholarship
In my quest for furthering my education and/or getting started into the field; I have applied for the following other awards/scholarships:_____________________________
I have attended ____ years of High School at ______________________.
I graduated in _______________. I plan to graduate _______________.
My GPA is _________.
My Tech teacher’s name is ____________________________________ (if applicable)
III. Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper
1. Tell us about the courses you have been taking that you feel directly relate to the building industry. Please share how you felt about the courses, your likes and dislikes, and most importantly, how they affect you.
2. What do you consider accomplishments that you have reached, with regards to building?
3. Tell us about your goals for the future.
4. Where do you see yourself in five years? In ten years?
5. Do you know any builders or associate members of the Lake Region Builders Association? If so please name those member(s).
6. Why do you want this award/scholarship?
7. Why do you feel you deserve this award/scholarship?
8. How do you spend your summer vacations?
9. Please describe a typical day for you.
10. Please list extracurricular programs you have taken or still take part in. (Not limited to building industry!
11. Please list any special awards, honors or other recognition you have received in the last 4 years.
IV. Required Inclusions
A photograph of the Applicant
Please include a letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer or school official.
Please include a copy of your current transcript.
Please attach a letter of acceptance from the accredited two-year community or junior college, university or state accredited vocational-technical school you plan to attend.
If your plans do not include further education, but do include employment; please tell us about those plans.
If you don’t have plans as of yet, please tell us what your next step is for scheduling your summer.
Applicant’s signature_____________________________________________ Date ___________
Parental signature_______________________________________________ Date ___________
Guidance Counselor/Dept. Head___________________________________ Date ___________
Please return application by April 30, 2013 to:
Dale Squires, LRBRA Executive Officer
C/O: Belknap Landscape Company, Inc.
Village West – 25 County Club road, Unit 302, Gilford NH 03249
Mobile: 603/455.1594 / Office: 603/528.2798 ext. 29